Anyway here is a blurry photo of the chandelier. Excuse the mess, our one garage is completely disorganized-especially since we're remodeling. All the tools and old doors and whatnots end up in here. I wish I would have taken a better photo, but I totally forgot until it was ready to be spray painted. So here it is, ready to be painted.
I lightly sanded it and used baby wipes to wipe off any excess dust and fingerprints.
I primed it and then painted it white. I actually painted it off-white, and then after it was hung in the kitchen it looked bad! Because the walls are white, it made the chandelier look yellowish. So I took it back out to the garage for another round of spray paint! So here it is finished and white!
After it was hung, I had a wonderful idea to take the candle cover parts that cover the wires and mod podge seasonal scrapbook paper onto them! I figured I could change them out each season and it would add to the decor!
Next, I layed the candle cover thingy onto the long strip and rolled it until it was completely covered and marked the paper so I knew where to cut. I then cut the paper and adhered it around the candle cover thingy using permanent scrapbook adhesive. You could use Mod Podge, but I wanted to finish this project quickly. If your measurements are a little off and the paper is sticking above the candle cover thingy, you could use sandpaper to sand it off before using the Mod Podge. I sanded the first time that I made these, and then discovered it's easier to just use scissors and trim of the edges!
Go on over to "A Soft Place to Land" and see more DIY projects!