Saturday, December 26, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree! Oh Christmas Tree!

Oh Christmas Tree! Oh Christmas Tree! Thy leaves are sparse and pink!
This is the small pink tree in my kitchen that I call my "sad little pink tree!" It's really my pink and girly Charlie Brown tree! It's just missing a little pink blanket wrapped around the base of it! I didn't really think it was really all that sad until Kristin commented on it!

As sad as it looks with it's puny little branches...I really love this tree! I think I got it at Big Lots or Hobby Lobby a few years ago, but I cannot remember. And this is like my third or fourth year with this tree and each time I pull it out it gets worse looking! lol

It came strung with a set of pink lights! The tree topper and pink ball ornaments came from Hobby Lobby on sale. The big light pink ornament towards the middle is a cupcake. This tree makes me so happy it may remain in my pink kitchen all year long! Although I'm not sure now that everyone is making fun of it! lol
I participated in an ornament exchange this year and this lovely pink glittery shoe ornament came from Kelly! Thank you soo much Kelly, it is perfect! And thank you Kristin for organizing the exchange!
And here is the other ornament that was given to me from Kelly. It's a pink bulb and just perfect for my pink tree!
So that's the story behind my sad little pink tree! I have a really big white tree that I decorate with all pink ornaments, but I didn't put it up this year. Just wondering, has anyone tried spray painting a Christmas tree before? I'm thinking of spray painting the big white tree pink! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! More Holiday photos to come!

2 comments:

Kristin - The Goat said...

You are the one, my dear, that kept calling it a sad tree. I finally had to agree!! I was forced into it. I was framed I tell you, framed!

It's a cute, sad, tree. It needs a blanket. lol

Kristin

Anonymous said...

I think this tree is just plain FUN even if it is "sad" as you say. I have some scrap pink glittery felt - i'll see if there is enough to wrap around the bottom.