Sunday, January 24, 2010

POTD: Candy Bouquet

Here is a photo of the "Candy Bouquet" that I had made yesterday for my nephew. He's leaving for basic training tomorrow, and I wanted to make it with a patriotic theme. It was my first one, so it's not the greatest, but I think it turned out cute!

I found some really cute mints with a flag wrapper so I added them in there as well as various red, white, and blue packaged candy. And yes that is "Chewbacca" from Star Wars in the center of the basket with a gun! My nephew is a huge Star Wars fan and when I found a Chewbacca dashboard figurine for the car, I knew it would be perfect!
The basket is a totally cute find from the dollar tree. I just made a bow and hot glued it to the front. I'm making a pink basket here in the next week or so for a friend...can't wait to share that one with you too! Have a great week!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

good job! I love it

Darlene said...

Hi Ruth Ann,

You did a GREAT job on the candy bouquet. LOVE those little flag wrapped mints...CUTE! I know he is gonna love it.

Anonymous said...

Very cute indeed!!

Would also love your support on the ELLE DECOR window that I decorated for the Big Window Challenge this year with Apartment Therapy. Check it out at - http://www.bigwindowchallenge com. As we all know, AT doesn't make it easy, but you can vote TWICE a day. Once online & the other by texting "1" to 89800.

Your support means the world to me!!

xo,
Eddie