Saturday, January 23, 2010

POTD: Eyelashes

This is my first "Photo of the Day!" I love taking photographs and I just wanted to share my passion with you! I get my inspiration from a lot of different things, but especially from my friend Kristen's blog "The Goat." Be sure to check it out. She is an amazing photographer!

Today I was taking some photos of Alexander. It was a rare time that he was actually enjoying being photographed! Both my boys have the most amazing eyes and super long eyelashes. It's one of the traits that they got from me! I'm lucky enough to have super long eyelashes as well! It's one of the few things that I actually like about myself! lol

Normally long eyelashes is a great thing to have, but not when you have eye infections like pink eye! A few weeks ago this poor little guy's eyelashes were glued shut with goop! He has such long eyelashes that it took me about 10 minutes to be able to get them open!

When he gets older I think there will be a lot of girls calling our house!
Hopefully not in a very long time!

2 comments:

Kristin - The Goat said...

Awww, thanks :) I can't wait to see your collection of POTDs as the weeks go by. You have a great eye for people pictures, that's for sure. That is my weakest.

Those are some of the longest eyelashes I've ever seen. You have the envy inducing lashes, too? lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Ruth Ann, I'm so glad for you do be doing a POTD .. i look forward to seeing them daily. What a great photo of you son. I can't believe how long his eyelashes are - you are lucky too!