Friday, November 20, 2009

West Virginia Trip- Part 3

This will be my last post from our trip to West Virginia. Although we have been home for 2 weeks, I spread out these posts because we are all recovering from being sick!

We're finally feeling better around here, hope it continues that way.

Here is a photo taken from our trip of my husband Chris and son Alexander. They were both feeling really sick and feel asleep on the couch!
A trip to WV is not complete without a trip to Larry's farm. Larry is my sister's fiance, and he owns 300 and some acres in the middle of nowhere! I'm serious when I mean nowhere. You drive up this dirt road up a steep mountain and at the very top is his farm! It was getting dark, so we didn't get to spend much time there. The views are spectacular! Here's a little sampling of a couple of the many cows he has there.
Here is an old church that has since been abandoned. Last year when I visited it was part of the pig enclosure! Remember this photo? It happens to be one of my favorites, and I took it last year when I visited the farm. See the little piggies that came running out from underneath the church! They are just so darn cute!
Here is me and Alex sitting in a huge John Deere tire!
Just me!
Here we are sitting up in the bucket (or whatever it's called) of the tractor! Oh how I love the country life! I think it would be great to live in the middle of nowhere on a farm! The only downside would be waking up early to do all that hard work! A farmer's work is never done!
Here was a view from my window as we were driving back home on the highway! I love particular bridge that we drive on....the view is sooo amazing! I would have liked a better shot, but this is the best you get when driving 65 miles per hour!
Hope you enjoyed the photos from our trip! We are looking very forward to going back to visit my sister in the upcoming Spring! I can't wait!

3 comments:

Kristin - The Goat said...

I'm so glad that you are all feeling better. That really is a great photo of you sitting in the wheel :) I love it. Your kids are of course show stoppers!

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Kristin

Anonymous said...

I lOVE the little piggie photo.

Stella Oliver said...

Lovely blog, thanks for sharing