Saturday, April 10, 2010

Crafting Retreat

I arrived yesterday at the Biblical Life Institute for my crafting retreat! Isn't this place fabulous?! It's so wooded and serene, I wish I could stay all week! There is a group of elderly people who run this place and they make the most delicious food! They set off the fire alarm to tell you when it's time to eat! lol It scares the crap out of you, especially when you don't know it's coming! I have felt spoiled over the last couple of days!
This place is very old, and it kind of gives me the creeps to be honest. It's beautiful inside, but very very old. We were talking about ghosts last night, and the one lady said that she cannot go down the long hallway upstairs. At the end of the hallway there is a red curtain, and an "A" over the door. She said the curtains move and she just gets this uneasy feeling!

Well as I was going to bed last night around 2:30 am, my friends and I went looking for the red curtain! Well guess where my room is?.....Look at the photo it's room #28 right by the red curtain! LOL

I was soo afraid to go to sleep, that I thought about staying up all night! I did go to sleep, however I woke up about every hour startled looking around the room for ghosts! lol
Here's the sign on the front of my bedroom door. It says: "This is your crafting home away from home. Enjoy!" I thought that was very cute!
Check out my room! I think it is so cute! I love the antique furniture...it's very charming!
The bed was very comfortable, except it squeaked each time I moved an inch! lol
Tomorrow is my last day. I'm going to be very sad to leave! Tomorrow I'll share some photos from around the campus here. This place is just fantastic!

Unfortunately, I have talked more than I have crafted! So hopefully I can get a lot done in the morning!

3 comments:

luci said...

hope you had a lovely time and got lots of fun things done.

Anonymous said...

too funny about the red curtains. I would have let my mind wander and it would have woke up every hour too. too funny about the squeaky bed .. good thing it wasn't a couples retreat LOL!!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I read this on my reader and totally forgot to come over and comment - Bad friend!

You never did mention what you crafted...So, what was it? Did you finish in the two days you had to play?

I don't think I would have been nervous about ghosts, but I don't sleep well in new places, so I'd be up half the night anyway lol