Monday, April 20, 2009

Curious George & Dorothy the Dinosaur Get Married!

My three-year-old Ben comes off with the funniest things sometimes! I thought I would share with you his latest!

Tonight he came to me with his two stuffed animals and he handed me Curious George. He said: "You be Curious George and I'll be Dorothy the Dinosaur." I said: "For what?" And he said: "They're going to marry."

My neice Jenn, who Ben absolutely adores, is getting married in a couple weeks- and Ben must have been hearing all of the wedding talk. So I explained to him a little about the wedding and what to expect. And at the end I took the two stuffed animals and I said: "Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Curious George!" I then made the two animals kiss. Ben thought this was funny and he said: "They're going to get married and all kinds of stuff!" And I asked: "What do you mean- all kinds of stuff?"

And he said: "They're going to have tea parties!"LOL

So I guess in a three-year-olds mind marriage is about tea parties! lol I wish it were that fun and simple!

On another note, Ben is fully potty trained! As you know from my previous post he was only doing #1 in the potty. Well a few days after Easter he got the hang of doing #2! Finally! Wooohoooo!

It makes life a lot easier! He's 38 pounds, and that's a little heavy to be lifting on the changing table several times a day!

One down- one to go!

Have a great night!
-Ruth Ann

6 comments:

Betsy said...

Too cute. Potty training...ughh! I need to start doing that...seems so hard.

Kristin - The Goat said...

Congrats on the Wedding! :) sounds like a fun day for all animals involved. Love the TeaParty idea. I wonder if my husband would go for that? "Honey, would you join me for a tea party?"

Ohhh congrats on the potty training. What a great relief, I'm sure.

Georgia Girl said...

Oh how cute! Yep tea party I could handle too!

Woohoo about the potty...I know the feeling when that is completed!


Sorry I could not give any ideas on your decorating dilemma...I have to get friends from here to help me...but I love your bedding...so cute and oh those flash cards are so hip! I want some now but no Michaels around me...well just a good ways away.

Unknown said...

Yea on the potty training!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Hey Sweetie! E-mail me and I'll tell you how to make q ball of YUM!:) Lori

toosillysisters@cox.net

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I saw the comment about mosaics you left on Manuelas blog, so I thought I would come visit. I am mosaic artist! Stop by my two blogs anytime.
Penny