Friday, June 25, 2010

I'm Back From Vacation!

I'm finally back from vacation! I can't say that I'm happy to be back....I miss the beach! We did have a great time, and have lots of wonderful memories to last a lifetime! Over the next few days I'll share those memories with you!

We took our camper. This was our first "real" trip. If you remember, we went camping on Mother's Day weekend, but that was a local trip. Our trip this time was to Ocean City Maryland, which took us about 7 hours to get there.

The boys did wonderfully well in the car. We only stopped to get gas and for a bathroom break and for all that time in the car they were troopers. Much of the thanks goes to Leapster and the dual dvd players...which kept them occupied! ;)

Here is our view from the camper. We stayed in Berlin, Maryland...which was on the bay across from Assateague Island. We had the closest site to the beach which was awesome because the boys could play in the sand while we watched them from the camper! Many people stopped and told us that we had the best site at the campground, and we certainly did!
Here I am standing on the beach and taking a photo of our camper. As you can see there was just marsh on the other side of us.
Here we are enjoying a campfire! It's funny because we probably took about 10 of these photos. I'd set the timer and we'd take the photo and each time Alex was either sticking his tongue out or looking at Ben! It was really funny!
Here I am on the laptop! The campground had Wifi, but the connection was super SLOW! That is the reason I couldn't upload photos to my blog. It did however after a few days allow me to upload photos to my Facebook account.
Here's me and my love-Chris! ;)
One of the days I caught a starfish! There were lots of starfish lying in the bay! It was kind of creepy, because it's tentacles kept moving!
See it's little arms flipping up? It reminded me of what I would feel like to hold a tarantula!
The same day a boy caught a pregnant sea horse! Look at that little bulging belly! Very cute!
And here we are all looking out at the bay during sunset! We had such a great time!

I didn't want to overload you with a lot of photos at one time, so I will upload more tomorrow! :) Hope you have a great weekend, I'm trying to get use to the real life again! lol

1 comment:

Kristin - The Goat said...

I have never seen a live starfish and there is one doing backflips on your hand. That's so cool!

The last photo is a keeper :) but I have to admit that I love the scene of you on your laptop by the water. I would have done the same thing!

Kristin - The friendly Goat :)