Monday, June 28, 2010

Movie Monday: Runaway Bride

Edited: I forgot to add my favorite quote from the movie it is:
Ike Graham: [on the perfect proposal] "Look, I guarantee there'll be tough times. I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you're the only one for me."


I am soo sorry that I didn't do "Movie Monday" last week. Like I said in a previous post, the internet connection was sooo slow that I couldn't upload photos! I was really disappointed especially since the following movie was filmed in the town where we vacationed!
So, this week's Richard Gere movie review is of the movie "Runaway Bride!" I LA LA LOVE this Romantic Comedy! Even though it isn't a highly reviewed movie by critics, it's still my favorite!
This movie is about a writer (Ike Graham-played by Richard Gere) who has writer's block, and takes on a story that he heard about in a bar. The story is about a bride (Maggie Carpenter-played by Julia Roberts) who gets engaged multiple times only to leave the men at the altar!
Because parts of Ike's story was fictionalized, his boss (played by Rita Wilson) fired him! Ike Graham goes to the small town, where Maggie lives, to get the facts and prove that his theory, about why she leaves men at the altar, is true!
Ike goes to Maggie's hometown in Maryland because she is due to get married within the week. Once he meets her he follows her around her small town to try to write his story.

Will she get married?????????

I sooo want to go on with this review and tell you ever little detail about this movie, but I don't want to give it away to those of you who haven't seen it!

It has a great cast of people like Hector Elizondo (who plays in many Gere movies), Rita Wilson, Christopher Meloni (from Law & Order), & Joan Cusack (who is extremely funny in this movie as well as others)!
I rank this a 9 on the Richard Gere hotness scale!....Short hair, which I like and it's very gray, so that's a plus! ;)

**This movie was filmed in Berlin Maryland about 5 miles from where our campground was on vacation. In the movie the town is named "Hale Maryland" but they changed it just for the movie. It's funny watching the movie and comparing things to "real life." For example right before Ike Graham drives into the town, he is driving through beautiful farmland. While there is a lot of beautiful farmland in the area of Berlin, the only thing leading to the town is an interstate! lol

I visited the town on a couple occasions, took tons of photos, and I will share more about that tomorrow!

1 comment:

Kristin - The Goat said...

This is one of my favorite movies, too :) I have a couple of copies of it, too for some reason. :)