Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine Dinner Cruise

Last night my husband and I went on a dinner cruise in Pittsburgh! If you haven't been to Pittsburgh, it's a lovely place to visit! It's easy to get lost in Pittsburgh with bridges everywhere! Pittsburgh comes in second to Venice Italy for the most bridges in the world! Pittsburgh has approximately 500! There are three rivers that meet at a point in Pittsburgh, so it's very easy to take a wrong exit and go over bridge after bridge until you find your destination! lol
Even with GPS we still make wrong turns, like we did last night!
Anyway they have a couple of riverboats called "The Gateway Clipper." Originally for Christmas we bought my parents these dinner tickets as a gift. They help us out alot with the kids, and we wanted to do something special for them. My mom felt that they were "too old" to go, and offered to watch the kids while my husband and I went! That was very generous of her! So last night my husband and I went on a 3 hour dinner cruise! It's meant to be a sightseeing tour, but it was way too cold to venture out on the deck for very long.

Here is a photo of the boat:
Here we are out on the deck at night! We had great wine, appetizers, and a delicious dinner! The stuffed chicken breast was soo yummy! And they had the best pina coladas! I don't normally drink, but last night was a special occassion!

Here is my gorgeous husband at dinner: Here's me:We had a romantic table for two and everything was just amazing! We definitely would like to go back this summer when the weather is warm! The views of Pittsburgh are unbelievable, especially at night! I can't wait until we can do this again!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Hugs,
Ruth Ann

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful Valentines day! Ya'll are a cute couple!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Ruth Ann! What a wonderful Valentines date! I did not know that Pittsburgh had so many bridges. I have never been there, but it looks like a wonderful place. Cute pics of you and your hubby!

XOXOXOX
Jen

Kristin - The Goat said...

You look gorgeous! Sounds like you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a wonderful gift and a perfect night out for you and your hubby. Wait till I tell my hubby. He will surely think he's in the dog house now. I am so glad you both got to have nice romantic nite out on the town!

mysteryhistorymom said...

What a romantic Valentine's Day! I love the pictures of you and your hubby.:) Lori

Tam said...

What a great Valentines!!!!! Great pictures and great memories!!!!