Friday, August 13, 2010

Soccer Camp

This past week Ben participated in "Challenger British Soccer Camp." He went to the local football field and learned a lot of new skills from 9 am until 10:30 every morning this week! I thought that it would be nice and cool in the mornings, but I was wrong. It was near the 90's that early and it was miserable! There was actually one day that the weather was really nice, and that's about it. It has been one of those weeks where you don't bother to do your hair because it's frizzy after being outside for a couple hours! lol

Here is Ben and his soccer coach Craig. Craig is from Scotland and he talked with a very thick Scottish accent! It was really funny because during some of the drills he would have kids repeat what he was saying. The kids ended up repeating in a Scottish accent! lol It was really cute!
Ben and his soccer coach playing a fun game. That was one awesome thing that I loved about this camp. They were so creative with their drills and even included songs and it really made it fun for the kids!
Here they are listening contently to their coach.
Another fun little drill.
Today was the last day of soccer camp. Ben participated in several mini games. Here he is during one of his games. He happened to be the youngest player at camp this year! He sure does have a lot to learn! These kids were really good!
Today was crazy Friday at camp. I ended up getting spray in color for the boy's hair and I face painted a soccer ball on their cheek. Here's a photo of Alex, and he wanted to have pink hair! He claims that it's his favorite color, but I think he says that because he knows it's my favorite!

I am sooo looking forward to Fall! This hot weather is just crazy! I can't remember it being this hot in such a long time! I'm already on a Halloween kick, and I am so anxious to start making some Halloween crafts! Tomorrow is exciting because I am going to a flea market! Hopefully I'll find some goodies, and I'll be sure to share them with you! Have a fabulous weekend!

3 comments:

Guria Qazi said...

The lesson you learn in your childhood remain with you forever so its very good effort to organize summer soccer camps for children and prepare a skillful generation.

New England Girls Soccer Camp said...

It seems very important that the coaching staff communicates and connects well with the campers. Thanks for sharing.

New England Girls Soccer Camp said...

It seems very important that the coaching staff communicates and connects well with the campers. Thanks for sharing.